Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Magician called Roger Federer

Well,I had to blog about him one day or the other.ROGER FEDERER.After seeing his semi-final match against A-Rod today,I could feel that I was witnessing a piece of tennis history.Federer destroyed Roddick with some stunning & brilliant tennis mixed with his usual grace & style never witnessed by most of us in our lifetime.


If The pre-match hype was to be belived, we were in for an epic encounter with Roddick matching Federer-Express shot for shot.As it turned out, we did witness an epic encounter but the shots came only from the magical wand of Federer.And what shots they were.I had taken half a day off at office faking sickness and I was certainly not disappointed.I think all the tennis fans the world over should count themselves privileged to be in the Federer-era.I certainly feel that way.The way he played today,it was unbelievable.Even, Federer could'nt believe the way he played."I had one of these days when everything worked, I was unbeatable," Roger said. "It's just unreal. I am shocked myself, I don't know what to say. The tournament is not even over yet. Let me do it one more time".Its not as if Roddick had not been playing good tennis.He even managed to break the Federer serve to get the first set back on serve.Then, Federer took 11 straight games which included a 6-0 score in the second set which had Roddick screaming and what not.You could'nt help feeling pity for Roddick.There were some stupendous shots none better than a backhand pass.That point had Federer scurrying to retrieve the ball from the baseline and on the run and he just connected the ball almost miraculously and whipped a backhand pass.Today was a day when whatever King Federer did turned Gold.He could make no mistake.The Australian Open 2007 is surely going only one way, the Federer-Way.Long Live the King !!

No comments: